Monday, June 12, 2006

Silly humans...

So I finally watched The DaVinci Code yesterday. I still intend to read the book at some point in the future, though. And it wasn’t that bad!

Obviously I’ve experienced all the whoopla and hype surrounding the book and movie, and have made up my mind ages ago concerning its credibility. So I went in expecting to see a nice entertaining solve-the-mystery-movie.

And it was quite enjoyable. No more than other movies, like National Treasure or Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Are people really so silly that they believe the story to be 100% factually correct?
(Come on people, history is never THAT exciting….)

Maybe it was because the author of the book (Dan Brown) claimed that everything was based on fact, and someone somewhere believed him? (Super-silly people…)

I would just like to say: Great marketing ploy!
I mean, do you really think he would have sold so many copies of the book, if he didn’t say everything was true?

Comments:
I'm going to watch da vinci code tomorrow, but so far you're the first semi-positive critique I've read.

There is absolutely no way he'd sold as many books if he didn't say it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?